Therefore go and make disciples...
BLC is committed to seeking opportunities to share God’s Love and find more followers for Christ.
Advance the cause of Christ by mobilizing the Church's resources to connect people to life in Jesus through missionaries
God is Seeking You
At the most fundamental level, we believe that God's world-view is to reach those people that don't know about His Love for them. Everything He is and does is meant to point us to His Son, Jesus Christ. It is that conviction that inspires us to share that message with others by...
- Financially and physically supporting local and international missionaries who share our Vision and Values
- Supporting short-term mission trips for our youth and adult members
- Equipping mission workers in other countries
- Praying regularly for supported mission programs
- Engaging our congregation and others to find opportunities to regularly support mission efforts
Many of our mission teams blog before and during their trips. They communicate their team and mission prayer needs and share how God is working among them and those they are serving.
Mexico mission 2017
A team of youth and adults from BLC partnered with a team from Our Savior Lutheran Church in Norfolk, Nebraska to build houses for families and provide Vacation Bible School for children in Tujana, Mexico. Follow their activities and God sightings each day as they serve others and share the love of Christ. Watch their video blog entries and see images of the team at work.
Thailand mission 2017
A team of adult missionaries traveled to Thailand to build relationships and serve those in need. Follow the team through their blogs as they share the love of Christ.
Personally Supported Missionary
Brookfield Lutheran supports Rev. Andrew Utecht and his Native American ministry on the Rosebud Sioux Indian Reservation in south central South Dakota. The mission is approaching its 25th anniversary of serving the people in Rosebud. This ministry serves some of the poorest people in America, measured by income. It is also one that directly faces the challenges of a distinct other religion in the traditional Native American beliefs. If that isn't challenging enough, the town sees 85% unemployment, and about the same alcoholism rate, and a high suicide rate.
Locally Supported Missions
The second Sunday of each month is Mission Sunday at BLC. We have chosen six locally supported missions to focus on for two consecutive months each year. We support these missions by offering them the opportunity to share their mission with our congregation. This focus allows us to learn more about each of these missions, engage our God-given time and talents, pray for them, and financially support them in meeting their mission goals. This is one way that we connect and support Local Missions.
2017 Locally Supported Missions include:
- Brothers and Sisters In Christ, Serving (B.A.S.I.C.S.), a Christian nonprofit mission organization bringing spiritual renewal to our city by improving the spiritual power of all Milwaukee churches. www.basicsinmke.org. Contact: Gary and Laurie Hendrickson firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bethany Lutheran Church reaches its community with the love and hope of Christ through a variety of ministries: work with African immigrants, Free at Last ministry at Milwaukee jails, a food pantry and clothing pantry, a hot lunch program, bible studies and ESL classes. Contact: Pastor Ikanih email@example.com
- Lutheran Urban Mission Initiative, Inc. (LUMIN), a network of safe, Christian schools focused on educational success, leadership development and spiritual growth. Combined enrollment of the six LUMIN Schools is nearly 1,600 students. Learn more at www.luminschools.org. Contact: Richard Laabs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CPTLN Hispanic Lutheran Ministries Wisconsin reaches out with the Gospel to Hispanic communities. From Oklahoma Avenue Lutheran they partner with 5 area congregations, offering bi-lingual worship, Bible Studies, counseling, worship, music and programs for families and teens. Contact: Bessie.Fick@yahoo.com.
- A Place of Refuge provides Christ-centered advocacy services, housing and support to young women facing a crisis pregnancy. www.aplaceofrefuge.org Contact: Trish Kagerbauer. Learn more about the ministry and its needs.
- International Student Ministries (ISM) is a Christian outreach organization with a UW-M location at Luther Memorial Chapel and University Center. ISM is a ministry of friendship and hospitality to student internationals and their families, allowing opportunities to share the Gospel with them. Contact: Bessie.Fick@yahoo.com