Therefore go and make disciples...
BLC is committed to seeking opportunities to share God’s Love and find more followers for Christ.
Advance the cause of Christ by mobilizing the Church's resources to connect people to life in Jesus through missionaries
God is Seeking You
At the most fundamental level, we believe that God's world-view is to reach those people that don't know about His Love for them. Everything He is and does is meant to point us to His Son, Jesus Christ. It is that conviction that inspires us to share that message with others by...
- Financially and physically supporting local and international missionaries who share our Vision and Values
- Supporting short-term mission trips for our youth and adult members
- Equipping mission workers in other countries
- Praying regularly for supported mission programs
- Engaging our congregation and others to find opportunities to regularly support mission efforts
If you feel God is calling you to serve on a mission trip please fill out this application form which is the first step in our missions process. Once the form is submitted, a memeber of our Missions Team will contact you for a follow up interview. For any additional questions please contact Joann Cizel at email@example.com.
Personally Supported Missionaries
- J.P. Cima - Cambodia: J.P. and Aimee Cima, along with their three children, Celeste, Isabella and Isaiah, serve in Cambodia. Previously they were in Vietnam carrying out human care and education projects. J.P. and Aimee ask for prayers that their family would humbly follow God as He develops them in their roles and uses them to be a blessing to the people of Cambodia. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josh & Ruthie Wagner - Sierra Leone, West Africa: The Wagners serve with Lutheran Bible Translatores in Sierra Leone, working alongside the Themne people in translation and Scripture Use. email@example.com
- Missionary in China: We support a missionary serving in East Asia through educational resources. Names and locations cannot be given for safety reasons. This missionary’s goal is to move the ministry in East Asia to become more indigenous over time by identifying partners within East Asia to support the ministry so that in the future the ministry can be locally sustainable.
- Emily Lorentz - Ottawa Canada: Emily works through The Navigators to reach students at three Universities in Canada: Ottawa University, Carlton University and Algonquin College where more than 85% of students in Canada have never attended church or a Bible Study. Emily provides one on one ministry and Bible study. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. Andrew Utecht – Rosebud Indian Lutheran Church: Andrew's ministry is to the Native Americans on the Rosebud Sioux Indian reservation, located in south central South Dakota. The people primarily speak English, but there are many Lakota speakers as well. The ministry serves some of the poorest people in America through its two mission churches. email@example.com
The second Sunday of each month is Mission Sunday at BLC. We have chosen six locally supported missions to focus on for two consecutive months each year. We support these missions by offering them the opportunity to share their mission with our congregation. This focus allows us to learn more about each of these missions, engage our God-given time and talents, pray for them, and financially support them in meeting their mission goals. This is one way that we connect and support Local Missions.
2019 Locally Supported Missions include:
Brothers and Sisters In Christ, Serving (B.A.S.I.C.S.), a Christian nonprofit mission organization bringing spiritual renewal to our city by improving the spiritual power of all Milwaukee churches.
Bethany Lutheran Church reaches its community with the love and hope of Christ through a variety of ministries: work with African immigrants, Free at Last ministry at Milwaukee jails, a food pantry and clothing pantry, a hot lunch program, bible studies and ESL classes. Contact: Pastor Ikanih at (414) 467-2642 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact the church office at (414) 444-3131.
St. Martini Church Reaches out with the Gospel to Hispanic Community. From offering bi-lingual worship, Bible Studies, Counseling; Music and programs for families and teens. Contact Pastor Prada.
A Place of Refuge provides Christ-centered advocacy services, housing and support to young women facing a crisis pregnancy. www.aplaceofrefuge.org Contact: Katherine Doerr, (414) 438-2767 or email@example.com. Learn more about the ministry and its needs.
LINC Milwaukee seeks to develop local leadership for ministry; plant and multiply self-sustaining churches; and transform communities through holistic ministry.
Joe Robb: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lighthouse Youth Center provides the community with a central location where youth can gather safely for recreational activities, receive assistance on their academic assignments, enjoy the positive influence of adult Christian mentors, and have opportunities to study and discuss the truths of Scripture. Contact: Jamie Dutton