We encourage our kids and families to partner with all of the various youth group programs and activities as a fun, dynamic, engaging way of bringing others to begin or deepen a relationship with Jesus. Our Youth Programs also strive to connect youth to Christian adults who care for them and are invested to mentor and guide the growth in their faith walk.
Leaders and youth gather to build relationships with Christ and each other. Lessons focus on realistic applications of Scripture to everyday life.
Jesus and Me (JAM)
Students in 5th and 6th grade meet on the fourth Sunday of every month from 12:00pm - 1:30pm.
Students in 7th and 8th grade meet on the 2nd Friday of the month from 6:00 - 8:00pm.
For students in 9th - 12th grade
- Youth Nights - Students meet on the second and fourth Sunday of the month from 6 - 8 p.m. at the Activity Center for Bible study and fellowship.
- Pause - Study, hang out and eat free food. Bring a friend. Thursdays, 2-6 p.m., during the school year, at the Activity Center.
- Student Life Groups - Small groups of students meet weekly for Bible study and discussion. Learn more about Student Life Groups.
Home groups contribute to our disciple-making process through:
- Community Building and Care
Home groups are where love and care for one another happens. It’s a place where we get to know others and are known by others - a basic need.
- Biblical Equipping
Through reading and discussing the Bible, the group grows in discipleship - growing as Jesus’ disciples in everyday life.
- Prayer and Worship
Prayer is a key ingredient for groups to connect with God and to express care for one another. Many groups enjoy a time of singing together to open or close their meeting.
- Missional Service
Home groups are encouraged to intentionally serve the physical, emotional, or spiritual needs of others. Service projects can be done by the group together or by individuals in their normal everyday life situations.
Sports Ministries provide a great opportunity for developing relationships with a variety of individuals. We welcome guests from the community as well as members to participate.
Currently BLC offers Flag Football and Cheerleading for boys and girls K5 to 5th grade. An Upward Baseball League is offered in May & June.
April - August
Currently we have two softball teams. We are always seeking additional players and could create a 3rd team. Games are played on Monday evenings at Wirth Park.
May - August
Meets every Tuesday afternoon.
Co-ed Sand Volleyball
June - August
Play Wednesday evenings from 6-8 PM. Teams play organized volleyball in a noncompetitive church league. Referees with knowledge of sand volleyball game rules are needed.
September - February
Meets weekly on Wednesday nights.
Fostering Growth in Parenting and Wholeness as Women
Mom's Connection is a Biblically-based parenting program designed around the Titus 2:4 concept of older women teaching and encouraging younger women in their relationships with their husbands and children.
If you are a mom with children from infancy through adolescence, please join us. Our mission is to:
“… educate, encourage and equip women for the most important job in all the world – parenting."
Through practical, teaching on parenting from our core curriculum and guest speakers, as well as through small group interaction guided by “Titus 2” women after the Titus 2:4 Biblical model, we foster growth not only in our parenting skills but in our wholeness as women - intellectually, relationally and spiritually.
Mom's Connection is “seeker friendly,” progressing from universally held “felt needs” of moms to gradually deepening spiritual foundations. The program is designed to allow entrance into it at any part of the series, so new members are always invited.
Schedule and Location
Date/Time: Wednesday mornings 9:15 - 11:15 a.m.
First semester: Early-Mid September - Early December
Second semester: Early-Mid January - Early May
Childcare is available for infants through preschoolers
Online registration is finalized when the form is completed and payment is received.
Printed registration forms are also available at the Information Center in the fellowship center
Make your payment: Please make a check payable to Brookfield Lutheran Church at:
Brookfield Lutheran Church
Attn: Sue Young
18500 W. Burleigh Rd.
Brookfield, WI 53045
When making a check, write "Mom to Mom" in the memo line.
$65/semester (includes childcare)
Payments may be made at the beginning of each semester in September and January
Participation may start any time during the year or series.
For further information, contact the church office at 262-783-4270.
Fellowship Opportunities for Men
We have a Men's group that works to provide opportunities for fellowship, witnessing to others, studying God’s Word and supporting the church body. Men's Ministry activities include:
- Two Men’s Breakfast events during the year with guest speakers.
- Men's Cookout event for witnessing and fellowship.
- Promise Keepers’ conferences--usually includes out of town overnight traveling.
- Weekly Thursday evening Bible study.
- Additional breakfast studies for men.
Assist with planning and food preparation for events and reaching out to the congregation members and visitors that need to be connected into the church body. Meet as needed to plan Men’s Ministry events.
Fall 2018 Chalo! Programming
Advanced registration required for all classes. All Chalo! programming includes books, supplies, childcare and bus pick ups at LincolnCrest, Saddlebrook and Springdale Apartment complexes.
Tuesdays - Activities Classes
- Baking offered once per month with bus pick up to LincolnCrest only - $25 Register now
- Driving – 5 sessions to prepare students to take learners permit test - $20 Register now
- Sewing – 7 sessions offered - $25 Register now
- Mercy Mat Craft Class – 7 session offered $15 Register now
Thursdays - English as Second Language (ESL)
- Formal curriculum with book provided to students to keep $35 Register now
Sundays - Tamil and Telegu Classes
- Tamil Classes (for children ages 4-12) - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to register
- Telegu Classes (for children ages 4-12) - Contact Kalyan Maddali 262-420-7898 to register
All classes held at Brookfield Lutheran Church
18500 W. Burleigh Rd.
Brookfield, WI 53045
Want to get involved? There are a number of volunteers needed in a variety of activities for Chalo!
- Craft Leader and helpers: Tuesday mornings, 2 hours
- Conversational English practice: Once a month, 90 minutes
- English as a Second Language Helpers: Thursday mornings, 2 hours
- Sewing Helpers: Work with sewing teachers to help students with basic sewing projects
- Home Group/Small Group Worship Leaders: Once a month, 2 hours
- Women’s Bible Study Leaders: Once a month, 90 minutes
- Men’s Bible Study Co-Leader: Once a month in the evening
For more information on the Chalo! Indian Friendship Ministry contact Lisa Janzen at 414-617-8774, Rinku Haldar at 262-271-2893 or Sushri Pattanaik at 414-469-3577.
Faithful Friends in Fellowship is a fellowship and service ministry for adults age 55 and older offering fellowship and service opportunities throughout the year.
Mission: Reaching others...leading by example. “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together as so many are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:23-25:
Duck Pin Bowling
Pontoon Boat Outing
“Meet and Greet”
Music Trivia Night
Chinooks Baseball Game
Picnic in Pewaukee
Riverboat Dinner Cruise
Murder Mystery Party
Feed My Starving Children
Upward Sports Events
Donations and financial support to:
- SonShine Seniors
- Upward Sports
Committee Members: (feel free to contact any one of these members with questions)
Jim (Chairman) and Linda Lavold
Sue Gaskell, Treasurer
Kathy and Bob Heinkel
Cindy and Neal Kellogg
Kathy and Bob Powers