Helping Each Other Grow In Faith
God has uniquely crafted each one of us with talents and abilities that He intends for service of others, especially within the church. We feel that God's calling for our daily lives includes service within the body of Chirst to strengthen its members for service. That is why we offer...
- Opportunities to serve members as teachers, administrators and worship leaders
- Leadership roles in the operation and management of the congregation
- Committee positions that facilitate the operation and creation of church functions and programs
- Training for growth in lay leadership and caring ministry
Life in Jesus
Sunday morning helpers are needed to assist in classrooms. Minimum time commitment; no prep involved. Please reach out to Pastor Eric via email.
Indian Friendship Ministry (Chalo!)
BLC’s Chalo! Indian Friendship Ministry is expanding and there is a need for volunteers in a variety of activities.
- Craft Leader and helpers: Tuesday mornings, 2 hours
- Conversational English practice: Once a month, 90 minutes
- English as a Second Language Helpers: Thursday mornings, 2 hours
- Sewing Helpers: Work with sewing teachers to help students with basic sewing projects
- Home Group/Small Group Worship Leaders: Once a month, 2 hours
- Women’s Bible Study Leaders: Once a month, 90 minutes
- Men’s Bible Study Co-Leader: Once a month in the evening
Contact Lisa Janzen at email@example.com or phone/text at 414-617-8774.
We are always seeking the expertise of members gifted with musical and technical abilities, as well as those with a heart for worship.
We all create barriers that take our eyes off Jesus, and our response in worship is often less than wholehearted. Our worship volunteers serve with the desire to help break down those barriers so we can openly love the Lord with all our heart, mind, and soul.
Contact the Worship Arts office if you are interested in any of the opportunities to volunteer.
- Altar Guild - Our Alter Guild prepares the chancel for all church services lovingly in service to the Lord.
- Tech Booth (Audio/Visual) - Our sound and video technicians enhance the worship service and other events so that everyone is able to see and hear for greater participation.
- Ushers - Our ushers welcome and serve people in God’s Love during Sunday worship services and special services.
- Vocalists and Musicians - We have a broad group of musicians and vocalists that assist in leading music in various ways during services.
Contact Dave Goeman firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-227-2357
- Nursery Volunteers - Our nursery volunteers provide care for infants and toddlers during service so parents can more actively participate in worship
Contact Duane Tweeten, Director of Care & Outreach email@example.com
Leadership With A Servant Heart
Church Leadership is an area of service in our congregation made up of several committees, which are responsible for organizing, planning, and managing the various activities of our congregation.
One of the core elements of a healthy and active Christian life is our life in service. Jesus made it very clear that as Christians, we are to show the love of God to others by serving them. It is a life of giving, humility and love. Now Jesus lives his life through us. He sets the example and then works through us to carry out these good works in our daily lives.
Education - Walk along side BLC members and help them grow in their relationship with Christ through teaching and mentoring.
Worship - Assist in worship preparation or use your musical talent to help lead worship.
Family - Help our congregation's families grow together in Christ by organizing and planning fun, family-centered activities and events.
Youth - Help us provide quality opportunities for youth to grow in their faith, community with each other, and their relationship with God.
Evangelism - Help us raise awareness in the community about Brookfield Lutheran so that people might hear the message of God's great love for us through Jesus Christ
Missions - Help schedule, plan and promote a variety of domestic and international mission trips.
Strategic Planning - Help coordinate and oversee our large-scale, long-term projects concerning building and facility needs.
Properties - Help manage the maintenance and operation of all the church properties
Stephen Ministry is one way our congregation provides one-to-one Christian care to people facing a crisis or life challenge. The Stephen Ministry training has equipped our pastors and members to provide quality caring ministry for as long as people need it, especially those facing:
If you are interested in Stephen Ministry please contact Kathy Schwerin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-339-5762.
We are always looking for members gifted with a warm and welcoming heart to greet guests and visitors and answer their questions.
Contact Duane Tweeten if you are interested in serving. email@example.com
- Coffee Crew - Provide coffee for the enjoyment of those attending Sunday morning worship services and Sunday morning Bible classes.
- Hosts - Serve by welcoming visitors and members with kind words and a smile outside and inside the church; answer questions for first-time visitors.
- Parking Attendants - Direct traffic in our parking lots dirung regular worship service and for Christmas, Easter, Good Friday and other special services.
Vacation Bible School (VBS) connects children to life in Jesus during a fun-filled week of summer, full of Bible-based activities and hands-on-learning.