9. Serving Opportunities
Here are some opportunities for you to BE THE CHURCH, connect to the community and show the love of Christ.
- B.A.S.I.C.S. Milwaukee connects God's people in the suburbs and the city to leverage resources and increase the impact for God's kingdom. We are seeking prayer warriors for our Milwaukee Public Schools Prayer Walks - this month we have 2 walks!
- Tuesday, February 16th at 1:00 p.m. at Clarke Street School (2816 W. Clarke St. Milwaukee, WI 53210)
- Saturday, February 27th at 12:00 p.m. at Oliver Wendell Holmes School (2463 N. Buffum, Milwaukee, WI 53212)
You can join us in person to walk through the schools, or you may pray from your home if you prefer. To sign up to participate in the February 16th prayer walk, please contact Jane by February 15th and for the February 27th walk, let Jane know by February 26th: email@example.com or 414-303-3593.
- Take Them a Meal: One of the ways we can help families is to make and deliver food during times of need. Whether it's someone who just welcomed a new baby, just had surgery or is sick, let's fill their tables and warm their hearts! If you would like to deliver one of your favorite meals to someone in need, please contact Kelly Huegerich to be added to the email list. When the need arises, Kelly will email a sign up list and you can choose the date that works best for you. You do not need to participate in each meal request.
- Thrivent Builds Milwaukee: Thrivent Financial has partnered with Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity to build over 50 homes in our community for families in need. Their Generosity Challenge Campaign just surpassed $15,000! Plus, they have an additional $13,000 that has been pledged for the 2020 Faith Build. They have a little ways to go to reach their $50,000 goal. Please click HERE to donate.
- We shared the build of Sha'Nahja's house a couple of months agao. The house is progressing due to the hard work of Thrivent staff, AmeriCorps, and Habituals. Drywall, painting and flooring have been completed! Be sure to check their videos on Facebook!
- Griefshare Group at Hope Lutheran is a grief recovery support group where people can find help and healing for the hurt of losing a loved one. They are looking for home groups and families who would like to take a meal to the Griefshare Group on Saturdays between 11:45am-noon. The meal needs to serve 12 people and should be individually wrapped for health and safety concerns. The meal only needs to be delivered not served. A thoughtful added touch would be including a 'thinking of you' card with encouraging scripture. Hope Lutheran is located at 1115 North 35th Street, Milwaukee. Please contact Mary Stafford-Nunez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bethesda is doing all we can to keep people we support connected to their faith and the community during the COVID-19 pandemic, but staying home 24/7 is difficult for anyone. Our DSPs and frontline staff are doing an incredible job of providing those we support with love, empathy and encouragement to get them through this time—you can too, by sending an e-Card to a Bethesda home! Simply follow this link, choose an image, write your message and click submit. Just a few moments of your time would bring so much joy during this challenging time.
- Feeding America is looking for volunteers to work the warehouse. Click HERE.
- A Place of Refuge is in need of your help!
- Blessed Again Resale shop is looking for volunteers. They are looking for YOUNG volunteers to give the Senior volunteers a break during Covid- 19.
- Become an advocate and friend for moms who are in need of encouragement and pregnancy support as we provide community resource referrals and help.
- Call Mary Stafford- Nunez for more information at 262-783-4270 or email@example.com
- Do you have another idea to serve the community? We would like to help! Let us know what your thoughts are and we will call you to connect! Please fill out the form HERE.