6. Serving Opportunities
Here are some opportunities for you to BE THE CHURCH, connect to the community and show the love of Christ.
- Front Row Seat, hosted by B.A.S.I.C.S. of Milwaukee, Saturday, January 23, 9am-11am-ONLINE. The goal of this event is to bridge the divide that separates us, in real and practical ways. This happens through courageous conversations, interactive and transparent dialogs, marked by humility and mutual submission. As we share stories and questions, we bring understanding to the unique experiences of race - from either side of the aisle. We aim to build compassion for one another and to create unity as one body – one family, under Christ. Front Row Seat, begins with panelists of differing ethnic backgrounds sharing experiences and tackling tough questions. Participants will have the opportunity to be a part of the dialogue in breakout groups: sharing and listening to racism's impact on their lives through stories and responding with curiosity, compassion, care, and a new understanding. Click HERE to register.
- Safe Families Milwaukee will be hosting an online Zoom Q&A session on Saturday, January 30 from 9am-10am. Learn more about Safe Families for Children in Wisconsin! Learn about the different volunteer roles, how we engage churches, and how we surround families in crisis with caring, compassionate community! There will be plenty of time for questions too! Click HERE to register.
- Take Them a Meal: One of the ways we can help families is to make and deliver food during times of need. Whether it's someone who just welcomed a new baby, just had surgery or is sick, let's fill their tables and warm their hearts! If you would like to deliver one of your favorite meals to someone in need, please contact Kelly Huegerich to be added to the email list. When the need arises, Kelly will email a sign up list and you can choose the date that works best for you. You do not need to participate in each meal request.
- Thrivent Builds Milwaukee: Thrivent Financial has partnered with Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity to build over 50 homes in our community for families in need. Their Generosity Challenge Campaign just surpassed $15,000! Plus, they have an additional $13,000 that has been pledged for the 2020 Faith Build. They have a little ways to go to reach their $50,000 goal. Please click HERE to donate.
- We shared the build of Sha'Nahja's house a couple of months agao. The house is progressing due to the hard work of Thrivent staff, AmeriCorps, and Habituals. Drywall, painting and flooring have been completed! Be sure to check their videos on Facebook!
- Griefshare Group at Hope Lutheran is a grief recovery support group where people can find help and healing for the hurt of losing a loved one. They are looking for home groups and families who would like to take a meal to the Griefshare Group on Saturdays between 11:45am-noon. The meal needs to serve 12 people and should be individually wrapped for health and safety concerns. The meal only needs to be delivered not served. A thoughtful added touch would be including a 'thinking of you' card with encouraging scripture. Hope Lutheran is located at 1115 North 35th Street, Milwaukee. Please contact Mary Stafford-Nunez at email@example.com.
- Bethesda is doing all we can to keep people we support connected to their faith and the community during the COVID-19 pandemic, but staying home 24/7 is difficult for anyone. Our DSPs and frontline staff are doing an incredible job of providing those we support with love, empathy and encouragement to get them through this time—you can too, by sending an e-Card to a Bethesda home! Simply follow this link, choose an image, write your message and click submit. Just a few moments of your time would bring so much joy during this challenging time.
- Feeding America is looking for volunteers to work the warehouse. Click HERE.
- A Place of Refuge is in need of your help!
- Blessed Again Resale shop is looking for volunteers. They are looking for YOUNG volunteers to give the Senior volunteers a break during Covid- 19.
- Become an advocate and friend for moms who are in need of encouragement and pregnancy support as we provide community resource referrals and help.
- Call Mary Stafford- Nunez for more information at 262-783-4270 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have another idea to serve the community? We would like to help! Let us know what your thoughts are and we will call you to connect! Please fill out the form HERE.