4. Serving Opportunities
Here are some opportunities for you to BE THE CHURCH, connect to the community and show the love of Christ.
- Azura Assisted Living | December 14, 5:00pm
Azura Assisted Living and Memory Care Center is located at 6030 Washington Dr, Brookfield. We will meet at Azura and carol to residents at each building-two assisted living and two memory care. Everyone is welcome! The more the merrier! If you have any questions, please contact Duane Tweeten.
- GodTouch Milwaukee | December 14, 5:00pm
God Touch is located at 1501 W. Lincoln Ave, Milwaukee. We will meet at GodTouch and carol around the neighborhood together. After caroling, we will return to God Touch for some treats and hot chocolate. If anyone would like to carpool to GodTouch, please contact Pastor Rob.
- Are you looking for a way to serve in International Missions from the safety of your home? The LCMS (servenow.lcms.org) has some great opportunities in Peru and Dominican Republic. Through these experiences you will learn about other cultures, meet new people, online English conversations, and more! Contact Mary Stafford-Nunez at email@example.com for more information.
- We have many ways for Life Groups to serve together! Please click HERE to see how your Life Group can be the hands and feet of Jesus!
- Family Promise of Waukesha County – helps homeless families with children to regain and retain their independence. They are looking for people to provide meals and people to staff overnight shifts at churches in the area. Check out their website at www.familypromisewaukesha.org or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit organization that helps families build and improve places to call home. They believe affordable housing plays a critical role in strong and stable communities and they are offering several opportunities to build or repair homes with families. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Mary Stafford-Nunez for more information at 262-783-4270 or email@example.com. If you would like to make a financial contribution, please see our Generosity Challenge Giving link by clicking HERE.
- Take Them a Meal: One of the ways we can help families is to make and deliver food during times of need. Whether it's someone who just welcomed a new baby, just had surgery or is sick, let's fill their tables and warm their hearts! If you would like to deliver one of your favorite meals to someone in need, please contact Kelly Huegerich to be added to the email list. When the need arises, Kelly will email a sign up list and you can choose the date that works best for you. You do not need to participate in each meal request.
- Griefshare Group at Hope Lutheran is a grief recovery support group where people can find help and healing for the hurt of losing a loved one. They are looking for home groups and families who would like to take a meal to the Griefshare Group on Saturdays between 11:45am-noon. The meal needs to serve 12 people and should be individually wrapped for health and safety concerns. The meal only needs to be delivered not served. A thoughtful added touch would be including a 'thinking of you' card with encouraging scripture. Hope Lutheran is located at 1115 North 35th Street, Milwaukee. Please contact Mary Stafford-Nunez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bethesda is doing all we can to keep people we support connected to their faith and the community during the COVID-19 pandemic, but staying home 24/7 is difficult for anyone. Our DSPs and frontline staff are doing an incredible job of providing those we support with love, empathy and encouragement to get them through this time—you can too, by sending an e-Card to a Bethesda home! Simply follow this link, choose an image, write your message and click submit. Just a few moments of your time would bring so much joy during this challenging time.
- Feeding America is looking for volunteers to work the warehouse. Click HERE.
- A Place of Refuge is in need of your help!
- Blessed Again Resale shop is looking for volunteers. They are looking for YOUNG volunteers to give the Senior volunteers a break during Covid- 19.
- Become an advocate and friend for moms who are in need of encouragement and pregnancy support as we provide community resource referrals and help.
- Call Mary Stafford- Nunez for more information at 262-783-4270 or email@example.com
- Do you have another idea to serve the community? We would like to help! Let us know what your thoughts are and we will call you to connect! Please fill out the form HERE.